< Back to all posts
Assistant Production Manager
Crews Control is the trusted centralized resource for media teams seeking talented local video production and photography crews anywhere in the world. Our team leverages years of relationships, experience, and feedback to match each client with the best suited local crews. Our expansive crew profiles allow our team to do target searches on pre-qualified crews based on locations, skills, expertise, and equipment to produce splendid work efficiently and seamlessly.
We work with more than half of the Fortune 1000, hundreds of universities, hospitals, associations, and non-profits providing our partners with experienced production talent in over 350 cities globally. From Tokyo to Toronto, Dublin to Dubai, London to Las Vegas we have our clients covered. Offering video production, postproduction, animation, motion graphics, consulting, training, and still photography, we offer a range of services to ensure a seamless shoot or event production.
The Assistant Production Manager plays a key role in ensuring that production operations are running smoothly and that we are meeting the needs of our clients and crews. In this capacity the APM serves as an integral support role of the production team and works closely with them to ensure projects are moving forward quickly and that we have crews in our targeted markets. This is done through several administrative and recruitment activities. Please note this is an office position – no onsite film set, or direct shoot involvement is involved.
Overall Qualities in a Candidate Successful in the Position:
- -Sense of humor, urgency, organization/attention to detail and flexibility are prioritized more than anything else.
- -Interest, experience, or a heavy curiosity in the mechanics of film production
- -Excellence dealing with rapid fire updates, multi-tasking, logistics and project management.
- -Unafraid to pick up the phone and call someone to get information quickly or build relationships.
- -Prioritize building relationships and comfortable suggesting the best solutions even to your superiors.
- -Fanatical about the end user experience and identify all ways to facilitate the best (and simplest) solution to bespoke challenges.
- -Ease in learning new software and adapting to changes on a daily – or hourly – basis.
- -Contact vetted crews in support of Production Managers (PMs) to ascertain availability, appropriate crew match to client needs, rates, equipment details and any other technical questions and liaise with PMs to ensure it meets the needs of the project. All with a sense of humor and urgency to fulfill the last-minute needs of production!
- -Shoot confirmations: contact crews with upcoming shoots to ensure all details are correct and crews are confirmed to shoot for the client with the right equipment.
- -Miscellaneous administrative tasks in support of the PMs as needed.
- -Secure client feedback on crew performance
- -Confirm and review accuracy of crew invoices prior to submission to finance for billing.
Crew Recruitment Duties:
- -Know what a good reel or a great reel looks like, and easily identify soft skills/qualities in crews that are a good match for our high-level clientele.
- -Identify, attract, and recruit qualified crews, still photographers and bleeding edge production solution providers in critical markets.
- -Manage the onboarding process of new crews.
- -Ensure on-going compliance of crews available for client shoots.
- -Drive referral opportunities for crews in other cities as applicable
- -On-going maintenance of accurate crew records, updated database information
- -College Degree Required
- -Interest and experience in the production or film industry, sales or B2B company, or project management. Will train the right individual.
- -LOCATION – DMV area – Washington, DC, Baltimore, MD (within 1-2 hours’ drive time) – please note training will be conducted in the Catonsville, MD area and thereafter the position will be 100% remote, however we will not consider applicants outside the DC/Baltimore area.
Please submit resumes and cover letters to: Laura@crewscontrol.com
Crews Control is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Crews Control makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.