< Back to all posts
Update: Sony Firmware Roadmaps for PMW F5, F55 and AXSR5
Sony released an updated firmware roadmap for F5, F55 and AXSR5 users. This roadmap highlights a group of new features for users to look forward to in the upcoming months. They also released the F5/F55 recording format update schedule as well.
Firstly, the previously-announced versions of v1.3, and v1.4 have been changed; v1.3 is now called v2.0, and v1.4 is now called v3.0.
Firmware updates will include:
New v2.0 function updates (formally v1.3)
- New XQD Memory Card support with Adapter.
- New Mount Adpater support. (LA-FZB1/LA-FZB2 and B4 Mount 2/3″ Adpater support.
New v3.0 updates (Formally v1.4)
- HFR in Full Scan Mode and Center Scan Mode: (HFR Mode in Full Screen doesn’t crop the image sensor when recording. Support for Center Scan Mode on the CMOS sensor with max frame rate identical to Full Scan Mode.)
- 2K RAW Center Scan Mode S16mm lens
- Interval Recording
- AES/EBU Audio Support
- Preset Sony Look Profile
- User-Definable Clip Name
- Embedded Clip Name Metadata on SDI Output
- 2K RAW on 50p and 59.94 TC Base
Sony Firmware Version 2.0 Upgrade Schedule
For additional specifications and to download Sony’s firmware roadmap please visit the Sony Community page. Let us know what updates you find the most intriguing and where you plan to shoot film with this tech.